Friday, December 5, 2014

Trouble in Tinseltown & The Viscount's Christmas Temptation {Book Club Friday}

Hey y'all,

Remember me. Sorry about the hiatus again. I spent Thanksgiving with my parents and sisters in my hometown so I was able to get away from last Wednesday through Monday and I am now just finally feeling caught up on everything work related (we will not talk about the amount of laundry I still need to fold and put away). While home I was able to get a lot of reading done between catching up on the Pioneer Woman (I miss Food Network since I don't have cable), going to the movies, and doing a bit of online Black Friday shopping when our internet was actually working (#firstworldproblems).


So to easy back into the blogging world I thought I would share another Book Club Friday post. Today I am talking about two books to make up for my long absence.Up first, Trouble in Tinseltown, the first part of the Summer Flings series by Aimee Duffy. 
via
Description:
Armed with a degree from Oxford that she doesn’t have a clue what to do with, Ciara Bree convinces her two best friends, Elle and Gem to spend their first summer of freedom backpacking across the globe. Now it’s time to shop, sunbathe, think about boys for a change, and party hard…
First stop: LA!
The girls hit Tinseltown for a few days of shopping, star spotting, and even a movie premiere!
But their plan to sneak into an exclusive celeb party in West Hollywood backfires. Elle’s gorgeous older cousin, Zack, is called to the rescue and despite knowing she should stay away, Ciara just can’t seem to resist him.
The ideal summer treat for those relaxing days soaking up the sun!


My opinion:
I really wish this book series was written as one whole book and not 7 small ebooks that are all about 40 pages long. I think one, 300page book, would be better but I know it is all a marketing strategy. I just hate that we are just getting to know the girls a bit and the story is over. It was a really short read and I want to know more but with other books out there I don't know how much I would reach for this fragmented story.

Then, I also received from Netgalley, The Viscount's Christmas Temptation by Erica Ridley starts the Dukes of War series.
 via
Description:
Certain individuals might consider Lady Amelia Pembroke a managing sort of female, but truly, most people would be lost without her help. Why, the latest on-dit is that rakish Viscount Sheffield is canceling the fĂȘte of the year because he hasn't time for silly soirees. He doesn't need time—he needs her!
When a flash of lightning destroys the venue for his family's annual Christmas ball, Lord Benedict Sheffield intends to enjoy a relaxing holiday for once. But after twelve days of beguiling Lady Amelia's guerrilla tactics, he's up to his cravat with tinsel . . . and tumbling head over heels in love.
My Opinion:
I liked the start of the novella, however, I thought the courtship was really fast and after starting to arrange a ball, two people are now madly in love. I have the first novel of this series, The Earl's Defiant Wallflower, and I'm excited to continue the story but as usual with most short stories I don't feel very connected to the characters so I don't tend to love their stories.

What have you been reading lately?
Thank you to Netgalley for providing these books for review. As always, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!