To say this has been a long month is an understatement. This past weekend, my grandmother passed away. Similar to her husband's death earlier this month it was expected as she had been in decline for about a month and in her late 80s. We are all glad that she is finally at peace. This month has brought to my eyes the need to celebrate little joys in everyday life so I figured I would share with you some of my recent joys.
1. Watching Fraggle Rock. My Mom found a DVD with some of the first episodes of Fraggle Rock so of course we watched it yesterday on my day off. We had a Mom/Daughter Day filled with errands, lunch, Fraggle Rock, and making dinner together. Did you love Fraggle Rock too?
2. Gaining a bathroom again. I have been using our half-bath near my room for most of my bathroom needs but have had to use my parent's master bath for showering since the only other full bath had been used for my grandparents. It's nice to regain my space and slowly decorate it.
3. Sales. I know I was going to stop shopping this month but we are going to put that on hold until September. This month I found some tights at Target for $3 perfect for skirts and boots in the upcoming fall and at T.J. Maxx found a J.P.K. Paris Nylon Bucket bag for under $80! I have been eyeing the bag on Nordstroms for a while and could never decide the color. When I walked in I saw it in orange and had to have it. When I was looking for a mirror, I saw the same bag in a light lavender. Since I never wear orange I decided on the lavender. I think it will be perfect for fall and winter with the gold and brown hardware going with my riding boots.
4. My School Supply Swap package came and I love it! I can't wait to show everything later this month. It was a great pick me up.
5. Ordering some elastics to make hair ties! I am so excited to try out this DIY and I will let all of y'all know how it goes. Yay for being crafty. Also, I ordered a Julep Maven box yesterday for a penny! Yes, one cent for beautiful nail polish. Everyone has been raving but I have yet to try out this brand and for $0.01 with free shipping there was nothing to lose. I took the style quiz and came out as Classic with a Twist but I decided for the American Beauty box as my order. You can take the quiz and order your box by clicking HERE! Let me know what your style is in the comments below. Oh, and the promo code is COLOR2012.
The style profiles define me as "Classic with a Twist" meaning: This timeless, iconic look is marked by beautiful yet simple cuts and colors. You accent your neutral palette with carefully chosen textures, patterns and splashes of color. Whatever the trends, you're uninfluenced by short-lived fads and always remain confidently in style." American Beauty is defined as "This look is the grown up version of the All-American girl-next-door. You can turn heads in a cocktail dress and heels, but also love relaxing in your favorite tee and jeans. Elegantly simple but unafraid of a little indulgence, your wardrobe glows with eye-catching hues."
There are also "It Girl," "Bombshell," and "Boho Glam" so it really fits everyone.
6. This pin has been really great.
Well, that is a small list of things I have found joy in these past few days. Now I wish everyone at Carolina a happy First Day of Classes! I wish I was there, well maybe not since I am glad not to have homework and exams anymore.
|Roomies and I on the First Day of Classes last year. I can't believe a year has flown by.|
kHm I hope you are loving your first day of grad school and jCm I hope you are soaking up your last first day at Carolina.
Peace and Blessings,