It's been a while since I have done a Sunday Social linking up with Ashley and Neely. This week's focus is all about food and since I love to eat I feel as if this week is perfect. As usual, I will include a few inspiring pictures and quotes to start your week off right!
1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My mother's beef stroganoff. It is to die for! It is the one meal that everyone wanted for their special birthday dinners. I have tried many other versions of beef stroganoff but no one makes it the right way.
2. What is your guilty pleasure/comfort food? Mac and Cheese is my number one comfort food but guilty pleasures: chocolate, pizza, fries, grilled pineapple, sourdough bread, Dr. Pepper, Fanta & Coke mixed, Haribo gummi bears.
3. What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten? Everyone thinks I'm strange for eating Nacho Cheese Doritos with Cottage Cheese. I also eat Ranch with everything including turkey at Thanksgiving. I also eat French Fries with mayo thanks to living in Europe and my favorite kind of ice cream is chocolate with strawberries and gummi bears. Pretty much I still eat like a little kid.
4. What foods do you avoid at all costs? Lots of them. I am a really picky eater so here is a short list of things I refuse to eat: seafood (except for shrimp), cooked vegetables(except for corn, green beans and grilled zucchini), most asian food(I don't like lots of the sauces) and spicy food.
5. What meal reminds you of childhood? My mom stayed at home when I was young so we had lots of good home-cooked meals. I would have to say I love my Mom's apple pie, lasagna, meatloaf, fresh baked bread, tacos, homemade pickles and salsa, pork chops & sauerkraut, and so much more. That is one bright point of currently living at home while awaiting my stellar career is having my mom here to cook amazing meals all the time.
6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it. Mine would probably be my mom's Caesar Salad. It is so simple and quick to throw together to accompany any meal and if you add chicken you are set as a complete meal! It was also great because there is one bowl we always make it in my family so if you see the bowl you know salad is on the menu.
Caesar Salad:1 head of Romaine Lettuce(washed and torn into pieces)
1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1 1-minute Coddled Egg
1/3 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 cloves of Garlic crushed
1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
Anchovy paste (can be omitted)
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 cup of croutons.
In a large salad bowl mix the garlic, pepper, lemon juice and egg, after rubbing anchovy paste in the bowl (we never use the anchovy) Add the olive oil slowly while mixing to combine. Add the lettuce and toss. Then add the parmesan cheese and croutons and toss again. Enjoy.
What could be simpler?
Peace and Blessings,