Monday, January 14, 2013

Doubting

Hey y'all,
This weekend, I really began to examine my doubts in the case of my faith and my relationships. I have been working on reading Eric and Leslie Ludy's book, When God Writes Your Love Story. The book focuses on giving up the pen of your love story to God and waiting patiently for your spouse. I have always been a hopeless romantic and I am constantly in wait of the start of that relationship. I have always said that if it is meant to happen it will and this book continues that thought. God has made the perfect guy for me and I am now waiting but in the mean time need to focus on my relationship with God. I realize that this is not everyone's opinion and that is fine, but I highly reccomend this book to all Christian young people as a reminder that as Christians our hearts must fist seek God then a relationship.

Source: indulgy.com via Margo on Pinterest

My thoughts continued with J.D. Greear's sermon on Doubt in regards to the series Can't Believe. He focused on Doubting Thomas in John 20:24-28. You can listen to it/read the transcript here. For those who doubt the Gospel it was a great discussion of the miracles of Christ and the suspension of doubt and explanation inorder for revelation.

One of my favorite quotes/lessons from the sermon was the fact that "the willingness to believe in Christ comes before belief. (John 7:17)" and "If you have the humility to recognize there are going to be a lot of things about God that you are not going to understand and you're going to find offensive and you're just going to have to accept because he's God, and if you have the humility to submit to Him and do what He says even when you don't agree or find it diffficult, you will find belief."

This lesson is one I really want to focus on this week on John 20:30-31. We might forget our belief in Christ as those that have not seen but believe and try to wipe away doubt in Him and in myself as a capable person created for Christ and to suspend doubt. We all get bogged down in the world and become negative about ourselves and our capabilities but focusing on God and the positive side of our strengths makes us confident and capable!

I hope you all had lovely weekends!

Peace and Blessings,
jDl

2 comments:

  1. I needed this today! I've had one of those weeks/weekends where it has just felt like the world is working against me.. and it's so important to remember to focus on God instead of letting all of that negativity get us down! Love!

    AND I can't say enough good things about When God Writes Your Love Story... one of the best books out there. I've reread it and caught so many things I missed going through it the first time. It's such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS POST!!! And I needed to hear this today, so thank you! This is perfect and I agree 100%. Our life is in God's hands!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!