Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Shenanigans

Hey y'all,

I am an awful blogger and I am so sad that I got too busy to finish the 30 days of thanks posts I was doing. I might end up writing out the rest of the 30 days of thanks posts since I still thought of something each day and have a post-it of thanks. Anywhoo, last week, work was kind of crazy so I figured we could start on Tuesday night for my Thanksgiving Shenanigans re-cap.

Tuesday night after work I finally added things to my walls! I have been living in this apartment since August but let a friend borrow my tools and finally got them back Monday night. 
 My hallway of Old Wells.

After finally getting my room to look like someone actually lives here, I had to get started cleaning and packing. So of course I turned on Pride & Prejudice (2005) and tried to prevent myself from overpacking.

Wednesday morning it was off to the office for a meeting all morning, yep the day before Thanksgiving when the students were home I was busy from 9am-12pm and then after lunch it was non-stop until I left. I was kind of sad we didn't get to go home early like last year but I had so much work to do so it was a-okay.
OOTD for work and driving home!
Jeans/Flats/Cardigan/Pearl Ring: Target
Scarf: Lilly Pulitzer
Cami:aeropostale
Watch: Anne Klein
After a nice long drive (which the rain held out for) it was time for pizza, kitten cuddles, and hanging out with the family. 

Thursday morning it was time to get up and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving's day parade as tradition goes. During the parade I was able to fit in a workout and begin getting ready for the day of eating. After making green bean casserole, my Dad making smoked turkey, stuffing, and my mom making pies we headed off to my best friend's house.
 Daddy and Mr. M carving the turkeys before dinner.
 Finally my bestie and I got a photo together! It has been years since we actually took pictures together. Whoops.

After dinner and dessert we played some board games and then seven hours later we made it back home to hang out and I ended up watching a Christmas movie on Hulu while my family watched Monster's University. 

Friday meant yummy scrabbled eggs and bacon while we hung around the house and waited for my dad to get back from Raleigh so we could all go see Catching Fire. Yes, that is right, I saw Catching Fire three times in just over a week. Well, we did get approval to watch Catching Fire and headed to the theater after stopping by Barnes and Nobles so my baby sister and Dad could get Nook HDs for Christmas since they were on sale. My family enjoyed Catching Fire and we spent the rest of the night eating leftovers and yet again I watched a Christmas movie while my family watched some weird TV show from BBC America.

Saturday started with kitten cuddles, I mean who can resist this face:
 After my mom made Peach French toast it was time to go meet one of my best friends from High School, jHl, aka my twin. We planned to go see the new Disney movie Frozen but the theater and online had different times listed so we ended up going to see the Book Thief. I have yet to read the book but the movie was very interesting. We ran out to lunch and were able to catch up again. It is so great to see both of the girls I am still close with from high school in one weekend. That evening it was time for church and my favorite local restaurant. The night ended with some SYTTD, Christmas movies on Hallmark channel (do you see a pattern?) and left over desserts from Thanksgiving.

Sunday it was hard to get up and get going. My Mom and I headed to  the laundromat to wash my comforter since it needs an oversized washer. The laundromat was an adventure and I am glad my Mom was there too. After an hour there, it was a big lunch at home of Mac and Cheese with Ham, packing and driving back to my apartment. The rest of Sunday was spent unpacking, running to the grocery store and setting up the tree while the roomie, rHm was working. To say I am excited for Christmas is an understatement. 

I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by great friends, family and food!

Sami's Shenanigans
Happy Holidays, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!