Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What Happened in April

Hey y'all,

I thought I would share a few things that happened in April since I have been pretty MIA over here. Also, beware that this is not in any particular order time-wise. Enjoy a peek into my crazy life.

I ran a 5K for Girls on the Run. Yes, as you can see it was actually 3.47 miles instead of 3.1 so it was a tough course on a particularly sunny day. I kept under a 12 min pace though and considering my training was all over and it was very hilly I am proud of that.

Tried on bridesmaid dresses for Jenn's wedding in August! No this is not the dress, I will reveal that later in the summer.

I attended my sorority's Formal. It was at a local country club. It was fun getting all dressed up for a nice dinner and yes, I bowed out of the dancing portion. I mean, who wants to dance with their advisor? I did receive a beautiful bouquet from the girls as a thank you. I am so blessed to serve with them and see the sisterhood grow!
At Formal with my Grandlittle, kBm!

I made the best barbeque thanks to Skinnytaste.com. You can find the recipe here along with the recipe for the BBQ sauce.
Yes, more bridesmaid dress trips. This is not the one either but it is similar. I must say it is hard trying on dresses without the bride since she is out of state but lots of pictures where texted and a bit of Facetime helped.
My grandlittle, kBm is now an alum member too!
 This past Wednesday was Senior Chapter and a great group of young women transitioned from active members to alumnae. Their words of advice to the current actives was wonderful and I agreed. It goes by fast but PBX is Your's For A Lifetime!

Also, last week I received a copy of Lilly thanks to Turner Publishing. I am so excited to learn more about the woman behind the iconic fashion brand. I started this Thursday evening and was very engrossed for the 30 minutes I read. Now I just need to find time this weekend to knock it out.

What have you been up to this month?

*Also I cut my hair short this weekend! Please excuse the bad selfie!
#summershorthair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!