Monday, November 17, 2014

Motivation Monday {My First Ride @ Flywheel}

Hey y'all,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready to take on this last full week before the big Thanksgiving holiday next Thursday. Before we all get to the holiday devoted to food and thankfulness I thought I would share a bit on my experience with Flywheel. I was contacted about trying the studio in Raleigh since it opened up in Cameron Village recently with both Flywheel and FlyBarre classes. I have always loved going to spin classes since it is a great way to sweat while still having fun. Also, your rides is yours. No one has to know if you decide not to add resistance each time it is an option. You build your workout with suggestions from the instructor but if you want to take it a bit easy or are coming back to fitness, all levels are welcome! I have yet to try the FlyBarre classes yet but I am thinking about going in December as a way to relax and stretch during the stressful holiday season.
Now, to reserve a spot in the class you simply check out the calendar, click the class you want and reserve the bike you would like. I chose a bike in the center, since I like being able to connect with the instructor but I decided second row was my speed. Once I clicked bike #16 I reserved it for my Saturday class at 8:30am with Jenn. I decided on a 45 min ride but there are also 60min rides available along with lots of theme rides. While you reserve your bike you also choose if you want to be included in the Torq board. I decided not to but I was actually keeping pace with a good amount of riders during my class and looking back on the stats in my account I would have been in the top 10. This is a great feature that can really motivate you in the class to keep pushing.

When I got to the studio, I checked in, grabbed the shoes they provide and when to the locker area. I had always taken spin classes in sneakers so it was interesting to have a ride with actual spin shoes. These lock into your bike so you are nice and secure.
Once I was all set, I went into the studio and was assisted in setting up my bike. All spin bikes are different so it is important to have someone show you the proper way to adjust it to you. Flywheel also provides seat covers if you feel like you need a bit of extra cushion. Once I was all set, it was time for the class. Jenn was a great instructor and very motivating for an 8:30am class on a Saturday morning. There are some regulars in the class and Jenn was very motivating and great with greeting everyone. One of the riders next to me was a regular and Jenn challenged her to make it to the #1 spot that class during some of the speed work.

The class flew by quickly and I loved that they incorporated some arm exercises as well since spin is very focused on your bottom half. I am excited to go to add flywheel in with my other fitness activities when I want to mix things up and not hit my normal gym every time I want to sweat.

Also, since we all love sales, this Thursday, Flywheel Sports Raleigh will be offering 5, 10 and 20 class packages at 20% off! Just head over to their studio, at the Cameron Village open house event or call the studio!


And, if you want to gift someone with some fitness classes, Flywheel is also having some great Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. On Black Friday, all retail items in the studio (excluding socks, bandanas, and water bottles) are 25% off. Then from 5pm Sunday Nov. 30-midnight December 1st all class packages are 15% off.

Have y'all ever tried Flywheel? Flybarre? 
What is your favorite way to work up a sweat?

All images were provided by Flywheel Sports. I was contacted and received complimentary Flywheel and Flybarre classes in exchange for writing a post on my experience at the Cameron Village Location. All opinions are of course, my own and I only accept and post items and experiences I truly value and believe my readers would enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!