Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Postgrad Diaries {Breakfast on the Go}

Hey y'all,

Until I started to see a nutritionist I never really ate breakfast. I like breakfast foods and brunch on the weekends is great but I am the kind of person who would rather spend those extra ten minutes lying in bed and not spending extra time in the kitchen. So I thought I would share some of my favorite quick and to grab and go and if you have any ideas I would love for you to share them!

Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie.
I am currently loving this breakfast. You add 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a scoop of chocolate protein powder (if you have vanilla protein powder just add in some unsweetened cocoa powder), a banana and some frozen strawberries (about five or so). Blend all together well. Enjoy!
via
Greek Yogurt+Bar.
It took me a really long time to like greek yogurt. I still can only eat a few very specific brands and I found the Fage Fruyo Blended Greek Yogurt to have a great consistency. I tend to pair this up with some fruit or a protein bar like Luna or Lara bars for more protein in my morning.
via
English Muffin
I love toasting a whole grain English muffin, add some crunchy peanut butter and eat this alongside a banana. I sometimes add honey on top of the peanut butter for some excellent sweetness.
via
Of course I have a nice glass of water alongside all these since I don't drink coffee.
What's your favorite breakfast before work or school?

3 comments:

  1. Smoothies are my favorite breakfast ever. They get a little tricky to eat during the colder months, but they're totally worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink water in the morning too, instead of coffee! My newest breakfast kick is yogurt, fruit, and almonds. It gives me lots of protein and is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was obsessed with Greek yogurt for a while, but I think I had it too much haha! I'm all about breakfast on the go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!