Sunday, November 9, 2014

Five on Friday

Hey y'all,

So apparently my Friday post and Blogger had a fight so here is my list of things I am loving for Five things on Friday/Sunday. 

one. Happy Birthday J! Today is my college bestie's birthday! I was so honored to serve as her Maid of Honor this August and I hope she has a fantastic birthday!


two. She Reads Truth. Have y'all been reading the hospitality plan? It is phenomenal and planed for the perfect time of the year as we prepare for the holidays.

via

three. US Figure Skating Championship! If you follow figure skating apart from when we are in the middle of a Winter Olympics then you know that the US Figure Skating National Competition will be hosted in Greensboro this coming January. I have always loved figure skating and applied to volunteer. Yesterday, I officially got my assignment! It's real! I'm going to Nationals!

via

four. Fall Nail Polish. As soon as the temperatures drop I tend to put away bright nail colors and the dark and neutral colors come on display. Last night while watching Scandal I painted my nails with OPI's Suzi Takes The Wheel and my toes are Lincoln Park at Midnight


five. Book Club Friday. I have read a few books this week and thought I would share.

via
Description

Harry Mills is a guardian angel on a mission: help twenty-four-year-old Addie Folsom get her life back on track—and, if the right moment strikes, help her find love. Posing as a teacher at a local college in Tacoma, Washington, Harry is up to the task, but not even he can predict the surprises that lay in store.
After trying to make it on her own, Addie has returned home to Tacoma for the holidays, but this time she plans to stay for good, enrolling in the local community college to earn her degree. What she doesn’t plan to do is run into Erich Simmons.
Addie and her next-door neighbor, Erich, are like night and day. Growing up, he was popular and outgoing while she was rebellious and headstrong, and he never missed an opportunity to tease her. Now she intends to avoid him entirely, yet when they’re suddenly forced to spend Christmas together, Addie braces for trouble.
Perhaps it’s the spirit of the season or the magic of mistletoe, but Addie and Erich soon find they have more in common than they thought—and that two people who seem so wrong for each other may actually be just right. With a little prompting from a certain angelic teacher, the two are in for a holiday miracle they’ll never forget
Opinion:
I thought this was a cute and sweet story for the holidays but I was left with feeling like I wanted a few more chapters. This is a nice quick read and is actually part of a series of angelic intervention Christmas stories that you can check out.

via
Description:
A Fairy Tale Recipe for Romance Ingredients: 1 beautiful woman 1 scandalous celebrity chef 1 heaping tablespoon of undeniable attraction 3 cups of pure chemistry Unlimited measure of sizzling passion Method 1. Take one drop-dead gorgeous Lindsay Bingham. 2.  Place her at a castle on an exotic Mediterranean island. 3. Add a little spice in the form of handsome celebrity chef Carlos Montigo. 4. Make them the hosts of a TV cooking show set in Europe. 5. Turn the heat up to an irresistible desire. 6. Don't get burned as their scorching passion explodes. 7. Cook until Lindsay and Carlos fall hopelessly in love!
My Opinion:
I loved the first book in this series, Accidental Princess, so I had high hopes for this book. While it was cute it wasn't fantastic nor a page turner for me. It was cute but very predictable.
via
Description:

As a boy, Thronos, prince of Skye Hall, loved Lanthe, a mischievous Sorceri girl who made him question everything about his Vrekener clan. But when the two got caught in the middle of their families’ war, tragedy struck, leaving Thronos and Lanthe bitter enemies. Though centuries have passed, nothing can cool his seething need for the beautiful enchantress who scarred his body—and left an even deeper impression on his soul.
Lanthe, a once-formidable sorceress struggling to reclaim her gifts, searches for love and acceptance with all the wrong immortal suitors. But she’s never forgotten Thronos, the magnificent silver-eyed boy who protected her until she was ripped from the shelter of his arms. One harrowing night changed everything between them. Now he’s a notorious warlord with a blood vendetta against Lanthe, hunting her relentlessly.
With their families locked in conflict and battles raging all around them, will Thronos and Lanthe succumb to the brutal chaos that threatens everything they cherish? Or will the fragile bond they formed so long ago spark a passion strong enough to withstand even the darkest doubts?

 Opinion:
I love the Immortals After Dark Series but this book was just okay. I think Kresely Cole has spent took many books on the same event and I am hoping that we move forward in the timeline. I feel like we keep learning about various characters but their stories are not resolved. I'm glad that Lanthe's character is now settled and we are starting to know more about Nix but I want to get back to the original characters of the Valkyries and Werewolves. 

What is going on in your life this week?

ps. I finally got around to making a Facebook page for my blog if you want to like it click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!