Tuesday, March 19, 2013

BlogLovin & Literary Junkies Link-Up


Hey y'all,

Since the lovely Google Reader is disappearing, I thought I should join the world of Bloglovin. For those of you who don't use a blog reader, carry on with this post/link-up with the Literary Junkies!

1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it.

I am currently reading a few books....

Cocktails for Three
Described by GoodReads:
Roxanne: glamorous, self-confident, with a secret lover -- a married man
Maggie: capable and high-achieving, until she finds the one thing she can't cope with -- motherhood
Candice: honest, decent, or so she believes -- until a ghost from her past turns up
At the first of every month, when the office has reached its pinnacle of hysteria, Maggie, Roxanne, and Candice meet at London's swankiest bar for an evening of cocktails and gossip. Here, they chat about what's new at The Londoner, the glossy fashion magazine where they all work, and everything else that's going on in their lives. Or almost everything. Beneath the girl talk and the laughter, each of the three has a secret. And when a chance encounter at the cocktail bar sets in motion an extraordinary chain of events, each one will find their biggest secret revealed.
In Cocktails for Three, Madeleine Wickham combines her trademark humor with remarkable insight to create an edgy, romantic tale of secrets, strangers, and a splash of scandal.
I am only about halfway through the book. It is interesting but not my favorite of Madeleine Wickham's. I will finish but I'm not sure if I would reccommend it.
The Fallen Star
GoodReads Description:
For eighteen year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. Up until recently, she has been incapable of feeling emotion. And when she's around Alex, the gorgeous new guy at school, she can feel electricity that makes her skin buzz. Not to mention the monsters that haunt her nightmares have crossed over into real-life. But with Alex seeming to hate her and secrets popping up everywhere, Gemma's life is turning into a chaotic mess. Things that shouldn't be real suddenly seem to exist. And as her world falls apart, figuring out the secrets of her past becomes a matter of life and death
I am currently at the beginning of this book. It is on my nook as my book to read when I go to the gym but this past week I have been doing a lot of exercises at home so I have yet to pick this one back up.
2. Recommend a book that has changed your perspective on life.
I read this book as part of a Bible Study and it will change your mind and your heart as you realize your perspective on the world and how it relates to your relationship with God. We all need some strategies against the Battlefield of the Mind.
3. What book do you recommend the most to people?
I read so much that it is always so hard to reccomend just one book. I tend to reccommend authors or series I enjoy and it really depends on the person I am reccommending to, but I tend to reccommend Jane Austen, MaryJanice Davidson's Undead series, ANYTHING by Sherrilyn Kenyon, as well as the Argenau series by Lynsay Sands & Imortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole.

4. What are the top 3 books on your "to-read" list?
I just went to the local library yesterday and picked up the following:
The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin
Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
A Rogue By Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean
First Date by Krista McGee
Right Where I Belong by Krista McGee
Jessica's Guide to Datine on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

5. What do you "do" while reading? (i.e. listen to music, eat) Any weird reading habits?
I tend to read while listening to music but I can really read everywhere.

Join on in with the link-up!
Pink Heels Pink Truck

7 comments:

  1. I love reading, but don't have nearly enough time for it! If you have any recommendations out of the books you're reading/about to read, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard for me to read more than one book at once. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed "The American Heiress" when I read it. I actually just finished "Girls in White Dresses" and it was just okay. I don't think I would recommend it since it wasn't a great read. You'll have to let me know how some of the other books on your list are!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read more than one book most of the time too. I need a good mix of happy and sad I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE The First Date. I am about to start the sequel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading like crazy! The American Heiress is really cute
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Literary Junkies Online Book Club read The American Heiress. I enjoyed the book. :) Most of the group enjoyed it too! :) Thanks for linking up with us!! PS..Love Madeleine Wickham!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!