Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Who is jDl: Blogtember

Hey y'all,

Today's Blogtember topic is Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are. So there are a lot of factors that contribute to who I am so here are a few things that make me, me!

So y'all know I am from North Carolina but I am actually an army brat so I was born in Texas and my parents are from each coast so there is no direct place that contains "home" to me.
Not a glamorous shot, but part of my family Christmas 2011.
Home has always been around my parents. They are the best parent's I could ask for and I have been so blessed by them through the years whether through advice,spiritual guidance, emotional support, financial contributions, and so much more. I really have the best 
family and between my parents and siblings. Being one of four kids has really affected my life, I mean I have middle child syndrome and my little sister is one of my best friends. My mom has defined my life a lot, she is the one who taught me how to cook/bake, craft, and my love of reading.



Apart from my parent's my Dad's job instilled a love of travel in me as well as an appreciation of long friendships. Living in Europe for three years grew a great love and appreciation for other cultures. Being a military child and moving so much makes you appreciate your friendships that last through years and distance.

Carolina. UNC has of course shaped my life in a positive way. I really never expected to attend UNC and I know it was ultimately God's plan. At Carolina I challenged myself and it was a lot of growing in my personality and now I am blessed to drive to UNC for my job.

PBX. My sisters in Phi Beta Chi have of course influenced and helped define me. From growing spiritually to having 100+ sisters to watch my back my experience was amazing and I was able to serve in two different leadership capacities and now I can help the chapter as an advisor.
I am a daughter, a sister, a Tar Heel, a traveler, a food lover, a bookworm, a crafter, a blogger, a postgrad, a prep, a child of God, a girl. 
I'm Jessica.  

Who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!