Monday, March 2, 2015

100 Random Questions {Part 1}

Hey y'all,

As I continue to work on the vision of this blog I thought I would do a couple get to know you posts over the next few weeks. I saw this post of 100 random questions and thought this was a great jumping off point. I mean, you can read the Meet Jessica section so here are some things you might not know about me. Since 100 questions would make for the longest post I have written to date I thought I would break this up into two posts and you can read questions 51-100 next Monday.

Q:  Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
A: I think it tends to be open. I always sleep with my bedroom door closed but the asjoining bathroom and closet doors remain open.

Q:  Do you take the shampoo and conditioner bottles from hotels?
A:  No. I tend to bring my own shampoo and conditioner to hotels since I have thick curly hair that needs all the moisture ever.

Q:  Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? 
A: In. Fun fact, I rarely sleep under the sheets. I sleep under the comforter but the sheets are so restricting that I tend to leave them be.

Q:  Have you ever stolen a street sign before? 
A:  No, I have never heard of the appeal of stealing street signs. Sorry.

Q:  Do you like to use post-it notes? 
A:  Yes! My work desk is covered in them and I might have an entire drawer full in my desk at my apartment.

Q:  Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? 
A:  Yes. I love coupons and I try to use the ones I cut but sometimes I'm not the best at check on them. I do recommend the Southern Savers website for help getting into couponing.

Q:  Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? 
A:  I would go with neither but if I have to choose I guess bees?

Q:  Do you have freckles?
A:  Yes. 

Q:  Do you always smile for pictures? 
A:  I try to. I don't think I look great in a serious face mode and then there are the silly pictures which I tend to make a fish face for.

Q:  What is your biggest pet peeve?
A:   I have a handful of pet peeves. I hate when people are late without sending a polite text stating they are on their way. I have a bit of road rage when people drive dangerously. I also hate people who call single initials, monograms.

Q:  Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
A:  I tend to count them when going up stairs. For regular walking, I have a Fitbit Flex that tracks my steps.

Q:  Have you ever peed in the woods?
A:  I think I have way back when I was a little girl scout camping, but that was years ago.

Q:  Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? 
A:  All. the. time. I'm also a big car dancer so I hope people are entertained when we sit in traffic.

Q:  Do you chew your pens and pencils?
A:  No! Gross!

Q:  What size is your bed?
A:  A Full. It's just me and it's the perfect size.

Q:  What is your song of the week?
A:  Hmm. I am really loving Lonely Tonight by Blake Shelton featuring Ashley Monroe.

Q:  Is it ok for guys to wear pink?
A:  I think it's fine. I think it needs to be done well.

Q:  Do you still watch cartoons?
A:  Not unless I am babysitting. I do however, still go to the movies to see kids films. Over Thanksgiving, my family went to go see Big Hero 6 together and the youngest of us is 22.

Q:  What is your least favorite movie?
A:  Pretty much any movie that is what I consider "stupid humor." I don't like the Hangover series or Dumb and Dumber.

Q:  Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
A:  I can’t tell!

Q:  What do you drink with dinner?
A:  Water. I haven't been a soda drinker for over a year now.

Q:  What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
A:  BBQ or Ranch

Q:  What is your favorite food?
A:  Beef Stroganoff. My Mom's recipe is the best. It is more of a tomato cream sauce than a gravy. I can post the recipe if I get a lot of requests.

Q:  What movie could you watch over and over again and still love?
A:  Pride and Prejudice (2005).

Q:  Last person you kissed/kissed you?
A:  My last kiss was actually my first kiss. Since I don't kiss and tell I will leave you with that.

Q:  Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
A:  I was a girl scout. I started as a Brownie and quit after I bridged to Cadet.

Q:  Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
A:  No. I have some major standards of modesty in my life I would like to uphold.

Q:  When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
A:  I didn't get around to Christmas cards this year so the last note I sent off to a friend would have to be in late November??

Q:  Can you change the oil on a car?
A:  Nope, but the people at the Toyota dealership are more than happy to help Cora the Corolla.

Q:  Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
A:  No and lets knock on wood that it doesn't happen!

Q:  Ever ran out of gas?
A:  No and it's a fear of mine that it could happen.

Q:  Favorite kind of sandwich?
A:  This is tough. I'm partial to clubs and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Q:  Best thing to eat for breakfast?
A:  For the weekdays: greek yogurt and fruit. For the weekends: scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes!

Q:  What is your usual bedtime?
A:  10:30pm is the goal. I have to be at work at 7:30am so I try to get a good amount of shuteye.

Q:  Are you lazy?
A:  I don't consider myself to be lazy although we all have those days.

Q:  When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
A:  A clown, a gypsy, a hippie, a ballerina, etc.

Q:  What is your Chinese astrological sign?
A:  The Horse.

Q:  How many languages can you speak?
A:  One. English. I did take five years of French and three years of German so I can comprehend them a bit but I can't really speak them.

Q:  Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
A:  I don’t currently. I had one that I let run out. In the past I've had Vogue, Self, and Seventeen but I wasn't reading them enough to make it worth it.

Q:  Which are better legos or lincoln logs?
A:  Legos!

Q:  Are you stubborn?
A:  Yes. It does cause some tension sometimes, especially if you ask my Mom about my stubbornness.

Q:  Who is better… Leno or Letterman?
A:  Fallon. Although, let's be honest. This girl doesn't stay up past 10:30pm most nights so I mainly watch clips from the shows.

Q:  Ever watch soap operas?
A:  Yes. When I was in middle school, I watched Port Charles but I never got into General Hospital or the rest of the Soap Operas.

Q:  Are you afraid of heights?
A:  Yes. I don't do roller coasters, hate flying,  and I didn't even go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I am a big fan of being on the ground.

Q:  Do you sing in the car?
A:  YES!

Q:  Do you sing in the shower?
A:  Not usually. I sometimes sing when I have the ipod going while taking a bubble bath but I tend to only sing along, not just sing to sing.

Q:  Do you dance in the car?
A:  Yes! My sister and I might have a few coordinated dances to songs.


Stay tuned for next week for the other half of the questions.
What was your favorite thing this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!