Monday, March 23, 2015

One Lovely Blog {Blog Award}

Hey y'all,

Sara from Sara Smiles, who I originally met via the internet way back when I was in college and had a Tumblr, was so sweet to nominate me for the One Lovely Blog Award. These posts are so fun to mix it up and you really get to know the person behind the blog.

How this whole thing works:  I answer the questions Sara left for me, then I nominate some of my favorite blogs. They then answer the questions I leave below!

1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Europe. I loved living there and there are so many places I still want to explore like Denmark, Rome, Portugal, etc. I have never really been an island person even though I love the beach, it must be my pale, sunburn prone skin but I love the cultures and history of the various nations of Europe.
via
2. What is your favorite season?
Spring! Next favorite would have to be fall but except for a lot of rain and my allergies I think Spring is perfect. You get to wear your sandals and sundresses without the 100 degree heat!

3. If you had to be stranded on a deserted island with one person who would you want that one person to be?
Hmm, this one is pretty tough. As far as having people to hang out with until we are rescued I would probably say either my bestie, aMl, my best guy friend TS, or my Mom. If we are talking about surviving on the island hands down my Dad. He would be able to hunt and fish for food, perform medical procedures if we get hurt, and I am sure he could have us out of there in no time.

4. Did you have a favorite toy as a child?
I had a doll called "Special Dolly" that I took every where as a child. She was essentially my security blanket. Apart from that I loved my American Girl Doll Molly.
Special Dolly was a Fisher Price Puffalump
5. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Reading a book or cruising through my social media to check on everything.

6. What is your favorite book of all time?
It would probably be a tie between Mansfield Park and Ella Enchanted. I know they are so different but I read both of them almost every year and the stories never get old. I also love Acheron and Persuasion.

7.  If you could have any superpower what would you pick?
Not flying. I hate heights. I would probably want the invisibility cloak from Harry Potter. Sometimes you just want to disappear for a while.

8. What is one of your life goals?
To become a Mom.

9. What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
I love musicals so probably anything from the Wicked or Legally Blonde the Musical soundtracks. I also am currently loving the History of Wrong Guys from Kinky Boots. I also tend to belt out T.Swift, Spice Girls, and Disney music. I mean, we don't have to win Karaoke, right?

 10. Do you have any pet peeves?
I think some of my biggest pet peeves occur when I'm driving. I have a bit of road rage sometimes.

11. Why did you begin blogging?
I started blogging after creating a Tumblr. My first blog documented a lot of my senior year of college. I loved the creative outlet when I was writing so many papers and there is such a wonderful community you establish when you begin to blog.

I nominate:
A Little Seersucker Sass
Chelsea of Girl Growing Up
Ryann of Meet the McCalls
Lindsey of Prescription for Preppy
Allie of Alexandra Bee Blog
C of The Portuguese Prepster
Ashley of According to Ashley
Chesson of A Southern Twenty-Five
Emily of Emily's Bright Life

Here are my questions for you:

1. Who are your style inspirations?
2. Name 5 things in your bag apart from your keys, wallet and phone.
3. What is one book you recommend to friends?
4. If you could be an extra in a TV show or movie what show would you select?
5. Did you make a bracket this year for the NCAA tournament? If yes who are/were your Final Four?
6. What's your go to recipe when you have no idea what to make for dinner?
7. Favorite song of the moment?
8. Favorite item in your closet right now?
9. What are you looking forward to most this summer?
10. Favorite blog posts to write?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What fun questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! Can't wait to answer these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, super cute! This list is so fun. I'm with you about Ella Enchanted, I love that book. I refused to see the movie because there is no way it'll live up to the story in my head.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!