Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans..

Hey y'all,

As I write this I am trying to get everything together for Monday morning after having the past week off. So sorry for the continued disappearance. This past week was crazy with house sitting, moving, a hair cut, meeting the new kitten, celebrating birthdays, unpacking, cleaning and more! So I hope you forgive me. Now onto linking up with Sami since this weekend was crazy busy!

FRIDAY. Friday morning after checking on the house/pet bunny I was watching I swung by my old apartment to do the final cleaning (my keys were due on Saturday) and I finished everything and said goodbye to my old place. It was so strange to think that I no longer lived there. It was my very first, one hundred percent me apartment and for nine months I learned a lot about myself as I transitioned to my first real job, including the fact that as one of four kids I need a roommate to balance me out. 
Saying Goodbye to My First Place
After all the cleaning it was time for tailgating for the Blake Shelton concert. My roommate's co-workers could not attend so we were able to get their lawn tickets and since I have never been to a country concert and I have loved Blake since Austin I was thrilled to go! After a run to Bojangles we spent a lovely time chatting and waiting for the doors to open. The concert was AMAZING! Jana Kramer and Easton Corbin were the opening acts but I was there for Blake and he did not disappoint. You can check out the set list here.
Jana Kramer from our seats on the lawn
Blake's enterance



Yes that is Blake in a cowboy hat and a mullet.

SATURDAY. After checking on the bunny again, it was time to catch up with tPr and have lunch/our usual stop at Barnes and Nobles. After that I headed over to Bed, Bath and Beyond to pick up the kate spade new york bedding in Little Star for my room and almost left the store not finding it. A lot of the past season kate spade bedding is on clearance right now at BB&B and so when I was looking in that section it was only past collections, luckily I took a second pass and found the Little Star bedding in a Full/Queen right next to some other customers. SCORE! It is perfect and you will see it in my new room in next week's post. Then it was time for teaching Sunday School (it is my last week with some of my preschoolers who will move on to the kindergarten class next week) and going to church. A quick run to Aldi and my roommate cooking greek chicken for our second roomie dinner finished off the night.
via
SUNDAY. More pet sitting, then babysitting, unpacking/organizing more of my room, cooking steak for roomie dinner #3 and then babysitting again rounded out the night/weekend. 


Here is to the start of a great week! How was your weekend?
Max & Lilly when I visited my parent's house this week.
I'm obsessed with the new kitten Lily!
Sami's Shenanigans

6 comments:

  1. SO jealous that you saw Jana Kramer/Blake Shelton!! What a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you had the cutest little babies to pet-sit! I am huge Blake fan, too. And with Bojangles before? That sounds like a good ole southern night ;) Moving out of your very first place that was solely yours is SO bittersweet. I did that last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bedding is so fun!!! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some country music. :) Super cute bedding and kittens. Hopefully your move went fantastically.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me so excited for seeing Blake on August 30! :) He is going to be in Tampa- I may have to convince them to get Bojangles on our way down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I may need to check out that bedding this weekend. It looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!