Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WILW {August 21}

Hey y'all,

Now that the students are back at Carolina I guess I am officially at the start of my sophomore year in the "real world." I am beginning to feel comfortable in the world after working full time the past nine-months and I can't wait to see what this new year brings. Today I am loving...

...my newest Lilly purchases. I know a lot of people lost faith in Lilly during the Endless Summer Sale. I agree that it was a bit insane to refresh a page for 3 hours then spend another hour trying to check out and realizing no order number meant it didn't go through. However, I am a patient bargain hunter and was able to snag three Cassie dresses since after I bought it in the New Year's Cheer Sale I am obsessed as well as a Murfee & Murfette. It was pretty much buy two items get three free when you break down my savings. I am still eyeing the NC Murfee and it is still online so here's hoping that I can grab it for a splurge on my one year at UNC full time.
via
via
via
via


via
.....worms and dirt. Last night I made my Mom's worms and dirt recipe since every year, my family celebrates the start of school with worms and dirt. It is the only time of year we have the treat and it is one of those random traditions that I still uphold even as a postgrad.

....the Good Morning Girls Fall study Loving Like Jesus just opened. GMG is an online community, like She Reads Truth but they send out their study materials through email and then connect with three blog posts a week. I am excited to dig deep into Luke and you can enroll for the study now, it starts September 2nd!
via

....tonight was my first night of chapter as a faculty adviser. I am so excited to help my chapter continue to grow and I love my co-adviser. It is going to be a great year with Phi Beta Chi!

...speaking of PBX, I was able to spend some time with my fam this week before they started school so we all grabbed some frozen yogurt at Sweet Frog Sunday afternoon and it was great to catch up.

...my new planner. I took the plunge and ordered the striped Kate Spade planner from Lifeguard Press and it arrived this afternoon. I have yet to add anything to it since I am in the middle of debating getting new pens or sticking with my trusty Sharpie system but I will post a full review next week.


via
What are you loving?

6 comments:

  1. It's so weird to have the students back again! I love the NC scarf, that would be a great reward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What group did you enroll in, in order to participate in the bible study?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to join a group, you can enroll as an individual which is what I did for the last study but for accountability I joined one of the Facebook groups open to everyone.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know you were the faculty adviser - so neat! Can't wait to hear your review of the planner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Deb as house mom, they were looking for more advisors so myself and another woman are serving this year! I loved your pictures from Cali!

      Delete
  4. Love your ESS purchases! Hearing about how nightmarish the website was made me grateful that Canadians can't order online. I bought the same Murfette as you did and can't wait to wear it! I'm also excited to read your Kate Spade agenda review. I bought a Lilly one for this year but may switch to Kate Spade for my next agenda.

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!