Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend Update

Hey y'all,

This weekend was pretty jam packed and not with only babysitting or teaching Sunday School although that was mixed in as well.

The weekend started Friday evening with a quick dinner, running to the grocery store and then heading to my friends' book club! In February we were discussing John Green's The 
Fault in Our Stars which I reviewed a bit last January. It was interesting to see everyone's thoughts about it and I am glad I was not alone in people who were not in love with the book. Next month's book is The Sword in the Stone (it's part of The Once And Future King by T.H. White). So if you have read the Fault In Our Stars or The Sword in the Stone please leave a comment with your opinion on the book!

After book club I headed over to babysit for a couple of hours, translation I watched the 30 for 30: The Price of Gold on Netflix since the kids were asleep by the time I arrived. I guess I am having Olympic withdrawals already but it was an interesting documentary on the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan story. I know that NBC aired a special called Nancy & Tonya on the day of the closing ceremonies this year so the story will never really go away.

Saturday morning began with a quick run to Rite Aid to grab wrapping paper and a card for Laura & Chuck's wedding that morning. I must say I am disappointed in Rite Aid though, the wrapping paper was expensive ($5) for a small amount of paper that was thin and ripped easily. I know you pay for convenience but next time I will have to not procrastinate and hit up Target. Rant over. Then it was time to get ready for the wedding.

The wedding was beautiful, although a bit cold since we were outside and for some reason NC decided to freak out with freezing temperatures. Luckily, the heaters were a lifesaver and our table was under some heating as well. Laura was a beautiful bride and the moment she 
walked out with her Dad I began to cry. The ceremony was so meaningful and filled with lots of prayer, laughter and heart and yes I cried some more. After the ceremony it was time for hor d'oeuvres:fried green tomatoes, vegetarian spring rolls, and chicken biscuits! After that we began brunch: biscuits, eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, grits, fruit, and waffles. YUM! Then the party began and yes more crying during toasts and the father daughter dance. I am so happy for the new Mr & Mrs! There are a few photos from the day on my Instagram as well.

The rest of Saturday was spent at church teaching Sunday School, attending church and then heading to dinner at Firewurst and ended the night at Mary's enjoying homemade cinnamon rolls. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

Oh, and Saturday I received my February necklace of the necklace club from Caroline G Shop. It's the White Teardrop Necklace. I believe the necklace club is closed but Carrie posted an opening not to long ago on her Instagram so follow her for great inspiration and deals!

Sunday began with my typical babysitting followed by a trip to the gym. I recently (Thursday) signed up for the Girls on the Run 5k on April 12th which means I have 6 weeks to train to run 3+miles and I have not really run since June. So there is that so I was expecting to have a rough time yesterday but I hopped on the treadmill and was able to crank out 0.5miles no problem. I thought to take it easy so after my mile (walking and running) I hit the elliptical. Then a quick shower and lunch happened before I called my Daddy to go over my taxes. It was a long call and I misplaced a sheet of paper so I kind of destroyed my room but it has been found and this week the room will go back together somehow. Then it was off to babysit for a family attending an Oscar party and staying up until midnight watching the big show. 


Anyone surprised by an of the awards? Favorite dress?

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!