I was so surprised this weekend to hear that Nina of The Proper Lady bestowed upon me the lovely blog award "One Lovely Blog." I love the advice on Nina's blog about everything from sports to sisterhood to pursuing guys all while maintaining the class and manners of a lady. As a girl that loved Jordan Christy's book How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World: The Art of Living with Style, Class and Grace, Nina's blog continues on a daily dose of modern etiquette for the current proper lady. As the second blog award since I started this little blog a mere two months ago I was surprised and honored with the title. THANK YOU NINA!
As always with a blog award there are a few rules of acceptance:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link the blog back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
- Contact those chosen bloggers to let them know of their honor.
7 Things About Jessica (or jDl)
1. I have never broken, sprained, or fractured a bone in my body!
2. I hate coffee. I only drink hot chocolate or tea when I go to a coffee shop. I did survive college without coffee and relied on soda instead. Now I am trying to break that habit and only drink water, tea, or juice.
3.I got my first cavity at 16 and was upset! I still haven't gotten one since.
4. I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide (the powerful chemical in acne fighting). I break out in hives so no Proactiv for me.
5. My favorite food is beef stroganoff and not the kind from Hamburger Helper but the one my Momma makes. It is sooooo good!
6.I love to go grocery shopping. It's strange I know but I love going with a list, looking at all the products and planning on cooking/baking yummy food. It is great. Not a chore for me.
7. I have a mild obsession with scarves. I have at least 10 ranging from light summer ones to heavy ones for the winter. I have solid and patterned pashminas and they are nicely folded in a basket in my room.
Some Blogs I currently Fancy (in no particular order):
- Jenna of Leggings Love
- Ali of Monogrammed Scrubs and Stings of Pearls
- Sarah of shorelines and sunshine
- sSe of Seersuckered Sailor
- Emily of The Good Life
- Miss Southern Prep
- Caitlin C. of Southern Curls & Pearls
- Ashley of Loving Life and Lilly
- Christine of A Midwest Collegiate
- Turtles and Pearls
- The Pink And Green Prep
- Prep In Your Step
- just peachy
- Forever in Pearls
- Kentucky Belle
- Simply Sarah
- Seersucker & Sweet Tea
- The Carolina Prep (she is just getting started but I love a fellow North Carolinian!)
There are so many blogs I follow and I even have a daily reads tab on the top of my blog if you are searching for some more daily reads!
Peace and Blessings,