Thursday, July 5, 2012

Southern Summer Staples: Hodgepodge.

Hey y'all,

I don't know about you but July to me is the last summer month. I know Fall officially doesn't start until September but with school supplies already hitting stores now and seeing some fall creep in next to those bikinis it is time to wrap up my Southern Summer Staples. So far I have written about porches/air conditioning, sweet tea/arnold palmers, koozies, and now for a big collective post on some more southern summer staples.

Sunglasses and croakies. Everyone needs sunglasses to protect their eyes from the sun, add some croakies to keep them around your neck and its a perfect pair.
I love this personalized pair from HERE.
Sunscreen. The obvious but much needed to protect your skin from the harm of the sun. As a very fair person with some skin cancer family history I always lather up about 20 minutes before I brave the rays of the sun. No burning for me!
via
Leave in Conditioner. I throw this in my pool bag for a spritz as soon as I get out of the water. It detangles and helps my hair with all of the drying heat & humidity.
Aussie Hair Insurance
Garnier Fructis Leav-in Conditioning Cream
A Hat. Whether a wide brim sunhat or a monogrammed baseball cap, the more sun protection the better! ps. I'm thinking about giving away a monogrammed baseball cap when I reach 100 followers. Thoughts?
via
via

Watermelon. And all fresh fruit. A great treat and so yummy.
via
MinuteMaid Soft Frozen Lemonade and any other form of Popsicle. A great way to cool off and not as heavy as ice-cream.
via
BBQs and a trip to the pool or the beach would be my final summer staples. What have you been loving this summer?

Peace and Blessings,
jDl

7 comments:

  1. Loving my tugs! Giving away a monogrammed hat would be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. leave in conditioner has become one of my favorite things ever!

    hope you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I want a monogrammed hat and monogrammed croakies! I'm all about the monogram :) I think giving away a hat is a fabulous idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list! I'm super crazy about applying my sunscreen, I have fair skin too, and getting burned is not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great idea! Love your picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this list!! I need to invest in a cute set of croakies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The frozen lemonade looks so good! I'll have to buy some of that soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!