Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lenten Promises

via

Hey y'all,

I hope you all enjoyed your Mardi Gras in whatever way you celebrate (my night included cookie dough and watching the chick flick When in Rome) but today begins a 40 day challenge between myself and my faith. This year I am giving up a few things in my pursuit of a deeper relationship with God. For accountabilities sake, I thought I should post my promises since we all know that accountability helps in strengthening our promises when we are back sliding. Now here we go:

Giving up snacking.
I know that recently I have gotten in the bad habit of snacking between meals, and this is anything from cookies, chips, fruit, etc. I need to plan my meals better and spend that time when I feel like I am craving food as a reminder that I need to crave a relationship with God more.
via
 
Shopping.
I need to stop spending money. I know I have a bad habit and could be called a shopoholic. I love to search for a great deal and find the perfect piece for my apartment or my wardrobe but I need to focus on being content with all the blessings I already posess.
via

Being thankful and giving praise.
I know a lot of times prayers can be a laundry list of wants and concerns but learning to stop and give praise in the small things like a sunny day, a great messages in my devotion, etc. God wants to hear the good and the bad and I need to remember all of my current blessings such as a job, apartment, great family and friends as all daily blessings that God has provided.
via

What are your promises? Will you hold me acountable?

Peace and Blessings,
jDl

3 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Liebster award! Go check it out! :) xx

    -Lanie @ SouthernPreppyChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! My husband and I are "giving up" swearing, as crazy as that sounds. We're trying not to do it (and stay that way for good!), so everytime we do, we add $1 to a jar. At the end of Lent, we are going to donate that money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lenten Promises! Good luck with yours!! I really commend you on the shopping one...I should have done that myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!