Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend Update

Hey y'all,

If you were like me and had yesterday off I hope you enjoyed the long weekend, for those of you that were hard at work yesterday I hope you were able to take a moment and relax remembering MLK and his acts of service. Since it has been a really long time since I did a we into my life. thought I would share a glimpse into my life. Sorry if it is too long!

Thursday night, I opened my mailbox to find this:
It says "I have my mister...but I need my sister...Maid of Honor?" Yep, I am officially in Jenn's wedding this August! If y'all are wondering about the lamb, it is our sorority symbol and all of us bridesmaids were in PBX together.

Friday I was in a funk at work and was really glad to be home with a long weekend ahead. After deciding to do stretches instead of hitting the gym I ate the last of the beef stroganoff I made for my book club. Around 7pm I headed over to Top This to have dinner with Traci, Jordan and Melanie and no I am not a Hobbit eating twelve meals a day, I just had a small salad. It was such a needed time to catch up and celebrate Melanie's pilot's license! We headed down Franklin Street to grab some Gigi's cupcakes. I might be in the minority but I am not the biggest fan of Gigi's. I think the ratio of icing to cake is wrong and the cake itself was on the dry side. We then headed to Traci's place to watch Just Friends. It was a great start of the weekend and I was able to get to sleep by 11pm which ever since the new year my sleep schedule has been wonky and I figured MLK weekend was the time to reset.

Saturday began with reading in bed until noon. I then get ready to head to Raleigh to spend some time with the lovely bride-to-be Laura at her Bridal Shower.  It was a great shower filled with lots of joy, laughter and a few tears. I can't wait to watch her walk down the aisle in less than two months! 

After the lovely shower it was home to relax and watch some of  the Smuckers Skating Spectacular (and re-watch Gracie Gold's Nationals performance)and then head to church. The sermon was all about discerning God's path for our lives.
And since it had been an emotional few days I decided to make spaghetti sauce at 8pm. Yep, I cook when I am stressed.

Sunday began a bit later than usual since the family I babysit for did not need me, I still helped out at the church nursery and then headed home. I was able to squeeze in lunch, a trip to the local Aldi's for some produce and then head to the dealership in Raleigh for my car's 10,000 mile service. 
Waiting Rooms are for planning and reading.
After heading back from the dealership I met up with some co-workers to catch Frozen at the local discount theater. Yes, it was my third time seeing it and yes I still got tears in my eyes near the end. Let it Go still never gets old.
The rest of Sunday was filled with Downton and Sherlock like any good anglophile would enjoy. I also was able to pick out a few options for the bridesmaid dresses so that is one more thing off of Jenn's list.

Monday. Since I had the day off for MLK, I did nothing until 4pm Monday, yep, all I did was watch daytime-tv, do some chores, and read. Around 4pm I emerged from the apartment to head to the gym and then grab dinner before small group. Small group was very chill since we really just wanted to love on one of our leaders who is going through some rough times. So sweets and a chick-flick it was.

And now I think I am getting sick so it is plenty of fluids and medicine for me.
Any big plans for y'all today? 

1 comment:

  1. So obsessed with Frozen, it's probably unhealthy. Spaghetti is my favorite, and that sauce looks amazing right now! Hope you're feeling okay and not getting sick!!

    {Chelsea}
    chelseagrowingup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!