Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WILW {January 8}

Hey y'all,

Wow this week has been flying by. I have been wrapped up in work and spending my nights either at the gym or catching up with people I haven't seen since before the holidays. Anywho, here are some things I have been loving this week:

...decorating the apartment. Last night, my roomate and I finally began to put up some art in the dining room and living room. I also hung my curtains and a few items around my room!

...the olympics are coming! This past Sunday I watched the speed skating trials and this weekend the figure-staking nationals will be on and I can't wait to see all the olympic hopefuls.
via
...It's rMc's birthday! I love this girl and I am excited to celebrate Monday! WooHoo to 24!

...I just got my Lilly New Year's Cheer purchase. I just grabbed the Cassie in black. I have a couple Cassie dresses and they are perfect with boots and a cute scarf or necklace for a Casual Friday. 
via
...my project is finished! I had a really big project I began before my vacation back in December and the deadline of Friday was looming but I was able to finish it today which is kind of a miracle since today was the first day of classes so I was crazy busy on top of that. YAY for getting back to a normal schedule.

...the cold is almost gone. I am one of those people who love the south because of the weather, I mean I am not a fan of leaving for work in the morning and the temperature is 8 degrees. No thank you. Luckily, Saturday's high is 71. Much better. For all of you still in the cold, I am sorry but I am glad that my flipflops will be back out.

...it's January, meaning BIRTHDAY MONTH! I am one of those people who loves their birthday and I am even getting my birthday off this year for a long weekend so I am pretty excited to be celebrating with my parents for a nice long, quiet weekend.

What have you been loving this week? Are you an Olympic fan? What is your favorite sport to watch? Any great Lilly deals?

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like everything is going well! I love that new Lilly dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cassie dress - I have it in so many colors! Haha. I'm so excited for the olympics too! My favorite winter sports are the biathalon and figure skating.

    Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jessica. Wish you a very blessed, spiritfilled, prosperous and Christ centered New year. I am so glad to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Preppin Postgrad" and the post on it "WILW [ January 8}. Though it doesnot make more sense to me but you being the child of God want to share with you an opportunity to come to MUMBAI, INIDA on a short/ long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor. This would be a wonderful and life changing experience after you have finished your graduation. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in this great city of MUMBAI a city with contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young peole as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us during their summer time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. I got connected to your profile and the blog post through the profile and blog post of Cristina whose blog post is " Grace Like Rain". My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!