Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 days of thanks {health & health coach}


Hi y'all,

So today I am very thankful for my health and my health coach. So I went to the doctor for my yearly physical at the beginning of the month and it was my very first visit at this office and I am now in love with my doctor's office. I love how they spent time with me, I was not waiting around forever, and they really listened to my concerns. Well, I have always had a struggle with my weight and that is one of my only health issues which is such a blessing when I know individuals who are currently battling cancer. Weight is something I know a lot of women struggle with and maybe one day I will post my story but there was a major shift from working as a sales floor person on my feet for eight hours to sitting behind a desk for my job. Plus, for six months after college my mom was still preparing my meals and then I took over. So with a lot of life changes So praise God that I have great health! 

via

 But on that note, my doctor recommended I visit the health coach and the dietitian in their office. So I went last week and I was a little nervous but ended up feeling really comfortable with my health coach and the dietitian. We set some goals in my meeting as well as some homework and today was my day for my health coach to check in. It is so great to know that I have someone that will hold me accountable as well as maintainable goals. This week I have been really good about following my goals so it was great to have the coach write back with a lot of encouragement as well as this note:  "Obviously Thanksgiving can be a nutrition challenge, but it is not the end of the world or your new commitment to yourself! Be mindful of portions and don’t deprive yourself. It’s one day out of the year, indulge, just don’t overindulge. And, if you do overindulge…Black Friday is a new day!! Ha!"

So I hope you are thankful for your health! 

What are your thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!