Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 days of thanks {cars & jobs}

Hey y'all,

So yesterday was my one year anniversary at my job! It is so weird to think that I have been out of college and working at UNC for an entire year. I can still remember getting the call for the interview and being so nervous since I thought the position was perfect. Now a year later I am still loving my job. I am blessed to work with some amazing people that I also call friends, spend some time everyday laughing and get to help lots of undergraduate students. It is really a great job and on Monday I even saw my boss of my first job at Carolina back when I was a work study student in 2008! For all of you postgrads still looking for jobs I say good luck to you! After lots and lots of cover letters and resumes I know that I found the job God had planned for me. Look for a job that is not just a paycheck but a blessing. I can honestly say that my diploma might not be getting a whole lot of use but the skills I learned in college are and I recommend finding a job with lots of great people. People to look up to and ones who can bring joy to your day. I have found the best people and whether it is grabbing lunch with the girls during Lunch Loser Tuesdays, shopping during pantervention, book club, potlucks, or just the large amount of sarcasm that occurs on my floor, I have had the best year and cannot fathom starting my life in the "real world" anywhere else than my alma mater.
My office loves Halloween so eCs was Mary Poppins and I was Audrey Hepburn.
Also if you ever wondered what my desk looks like it's behind us.
Today I would have to say that I am so grateful for my car on chilly mornings since it is a great form of transportation as well as keeping me warm on my ride to work. Apart from being a reliable car though I have to say thanks to my Daddy who understood me freaking out over the low tire pressure light, talking me through everything and even offering to drive two hours to check out my car if it wasn't fixed easily. Yep, best Dad ever, and I am pretty sure, little Cora who was my biggest purchase to date is one of my greatest blessings. Often we take things for granted but I often seeing individuals on the side of the road or walking across streets in uniforms and I always say a prayer to remember all of my blessings even if it is the blessing of a car and gas in my tank.  
 What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note!