Friday, November 8, 2013

5 on Friday

Hey y'all,

This week has gone by so fast and I am ready for the weekend so that I can possibly organize my life to be a bit less crazy next week. Anyway, there are a few things this week that I am celebrating so lets get to it:

1. Carolina's Homecoming! Yep, UNC plays UVA tomorrow at 12:30 and I am so lucky to have snagged some seats through work so eCs and I are going and will be almost at the 50 yard line! Woot Woot! I have always loved going to the UNC/UVA game since there is a long standing rivalry between the two schools and I was also denied admission to UVA back in high school so I love when Carolina grabs the win. 

If you will be at the game let me know! I would love to meet some of y'all!
via
Also, shameless plug if you are a Carolina student go vote for Mr. & Ms. UNC! The candidates work really hard on putting together service projects the money will go towards and two of my sorority sisters are running on platforms that benefit children so Chelsea & Jordan are great choices!

2. Prep in your blood. So this weekend while I was in the guest room of my parent's house I found this treasure. 

Yep that is a needlepoint bean boot. My grandmother actually did this piece and since she was from New Hampshire. I had always grown up around bean boots and nautical things so I have always had a mixture of northern prep from my family and southern prep from my surroundings. Bean boots have always been in my life and yet I still do not have a pair since to me they were always reserved for living with snow and ice and not a fashion statement. 
What are your thoughts on bean boots?

3. Executive Board Elections. So Monday night was elections for Phi Beta Chi's Kappa chapter and I was so proud of how the night went. It was filled with tough decisions but I am excited to work with these women over the next year especially my great-grandlittle who is the incoming Fundraising chair. 

4. Boo-lated Halloween presents. So my office did the tradition of booing offices last year and talking to work friends a lot of them didn't get boo-ed. So since it is such a big deal in my parent's neighborhood I figured I would begin the booing this year. 
 Trying to be sneaky one morning to deliver the gifts.

 So I was not boo-ed during the month of October but neither was CW so on Halloween I gave CW a Halloween goodie bag and this morning she delivered this "boo-lated" gift. I now have more Halloween candy and a bit of decor to put in storage until next year.

5. 30 days of thanks. Blog Friends. Last night I went to my first TriFabb event and it was great to meet some other bloggers and hang out with Allison again!
Lauren, Myself, Allison, Molly, and Justiss

I am so thankful for the blogging community, through it I have made some amazing friends and some people I can call friends in real life as well. There are the sweetest people out there blogging and through swaps, emails, meet-ups, and link-ups I have met such a diverse group of people who all love to share things and are there for you no matter what. While I wish I could met all of y'all in person I am slowly growing my blog circle and that is a great thing!

What are you loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. All of this looks good. I've loved reading all of the blogger's 30 days of thanks so far this month!

    Hope you had a great week!
    - Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of Boo-lated gifts! Too cute! :) And how awesome that years ago, your grandmother was already doing needlepoints of Bean boots! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly always LOVE watching a team take down UVA! Glad that y'all had a great homecoming game!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet note!